Thursday, May 3, 2012

[SOLVED] Problem of Logitech webcams and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

In my PC, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, primarily the Cheese app, was unable to recognize the Logitech webcam attached. In Ubuntu Natty, Cheese worked without any fuss with the same webcam.

However, I found another app which recognizes the Logitech webcam without any problem and manipulation. The app is Guvcview, it captures photos and videos from the webcam and has a very high rating the Ubuntu Software store from the users.

If Cheese is not working for you, you can give a try to Guvcview. Attached is the screenshot from the repository.


9 comments:

  1. Thanks! Guvcview works great. I haven't gotten my audio to work yet, but now the camera works great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx from me too... it does work, unlike cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks a lot Guvcview is great. I'll work on the audio tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Did you get your audio to work.Have you tried it on skype

      Delete
    2. I have installed guvcview and video works with logitech C270 but no audio. Tried all control settings including changes in gstreamer but no audio at al! Webcam audio works with Skype but no video there! Hope someone can help.

      Delete
  5. Thank you very much. Your advice helped me connect an old Logitech cam to an old Everex laptop running Lubuntu LXLE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much I needed a program for my webcam I've been looking for awhile you are a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete